Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, August 01, 2018

Perseverance

I actually made it to the 8:30 a.m. FS at Chandler!  I'm really proud of myself. I know it probably seems silly but I have been so unmotivated and wanting sleep that making it to this session seems like a big accomplishment to me.  Session was relatively crowded, about 10-12 skaters and 3 coaches.

I warmed up with some laps, then spent some time working BXOs and FXOs on the circle.  BXO goal was to do good crossovers and have some speed.  FXO goal was to get a consistently good, real cross and underpush.  I seem to consistently underestimate how much I need to bend to get a real underpush!  I made some progress here.

After this I worked on spins some more, both in the exercise and from the windup.  They were about the same as last night :-).

After this I warmed up my bunnyhop in preparation for running my dramatic program.  Unfortunately I did something weird and got an intense shooting pain in my left ankle on this.  It only hurt in one certain position, but apparently any kind of jump involved that position so I decided not to jump any nor to run the program today. Urph.  I'm sure it will be fine (I can walk and otherwise skate just fine with no pain).  Very annoying.

This was a nice session, despite the large crowd.  Very nice to see Dakota and Hannah again, and as I was leaving I saw Squid in the gym doing her PT. Nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home