Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, July 27, 2018

Spins & Jumps

My lesson with Holly on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert, as usual.  I had not skated FS for over two weeks so was quite rusty; I warmed up with stroking and crossovers.

Today's lesson:

  • showcase light program -- we discussed plans for my new showcase light program.  It's going to be awesome.
  • spins -- we started with the exercise, then from the windup.  I got some pretty good ones, actually.  Still need to keep the head up, bring the free leg in more completely/firmly, and be more consistent.
  • waltz jump -- just a few.  Still need to check the landing better so I can hold the edge; and hold the head up.
  • salchow -- still need to work on staying over the left side better and holding the BI edge a little longer.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home