Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, August 02, 2018

BO8

My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler Ice CafĂ© as usual.  I had a half hour warmup, so I did edges and FO8/FI8, scribed circles, and worked on the BO exercise Danette suggested to me last week.

For today's lesson we just worked on BO8.  We started on the scribed circles, then did some layouts, then went back to the scribed circles as Danette felt I needed to ingrain the circle size in my muscle memory more.

The good news was that I'm getting around pretty well, which is what I focus most on since that would be really embarrassing.  The not-so-good news is that my circle size is not consistent and my return to center is being a bit dicey.  I need to work on that more.  I'm really bad about turning my head to find the center mark and that needs work.  I did do better on holding the free foot in front longer and keeping the skating shoulder back longer.  I was having an issue with the first circle cutting in from the push, so we worked harder at getting the position stronger and being more sure on the blade for the very first part of the circle; that helped a lot.

Competition is 2 weeks from this weekend!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home