Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, August 10, 2018

Moves & Spins

My lesson with Holly on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.  Ice was not so great, but only 3 skaters so that was nice.

I warmed up with some laps, then ran through some Bronze moves (except power-3s), and some additional time on FXOs.

Today's lesson:

  • power-3s -- yuck.  Have not worked on these for a while.  RFO3s are not good, LFO3s are better but not really great either.
  • perimeter XOs -- we spent some time working on the clockwise FXOs as I can do nice ones around the circle, but when I get in the move they are horrible.  After some work it seems I am stepping onto an outside edge, which is why I have to immediately pick up the other foot.  I need to work the cross and hold, I think.
  • spins -- a couple of times at the wall, then some from windup. A couple of really good ones, and a couple not so good.  In general, though, they have improved a lot which is really gratifying.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home