Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Jumps, Circle-8, Spins, Power Pull Intro

My lesson with Holly on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.  There's no FS ice on Friday so we had to move our lesson time.  Ice is really horrible, they are taking it down Friday so I guess they are thinning it?

I warmed up with stroking, crossovers and circle-8.

Today's lesson:

  • toe loop -- a fair amount of time on these.  I'm doing a better job of bring the R arm around/through, and they are a bit free-er, but still cheated wildly.
  • salchow -- mmph.  I'm still tending to rush these.  A got a couple that were okay.
  • circle-8 -- just a little time on this as I was whining about it.  Of course the ones where Holly was there were much better than when I did them before by myself.  The last one was almost okay.
  • spins --  I did some really nice ones in the exercise, and then about 50-50 from the windup.  I really need to sit back on my blade in the windup, I tend to get up on my toe and it throws me off.  Ugh.
  • back power pull intro -- we just spent like 3 minutes as I asked about them since Melissa had commented to me about them.  Yikes!  Trying to push into that BI edge is harder than I expected.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home