Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, August 24, 2018

Jumps & Spins

My lesson with Holly on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.  Ice was pretty crappy :-(

I warmed up with the "odd" Bronze moves and then a little bit of the spin exercise.

Today's lesson:

  • waltz jump -- first one was really nice, others okay. Holly would still like me to look UP on the landing :-)
  • salchow -- mostly okay.  Need to remind myself always not to rush.  Still need more height and to bring it around a bit more.
  • toe loop -- mmph.  Some work to try to bend the knees more and get it to come around; also Holly reminded me not to drop my arms. This actually does help! lol
  • spins -- the exercise and then from windup. I actually had several that were pretty good! I'm really pleased I am finally making progress. Still need to work on consistency but it seems like it's slowly improving.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home