Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, September 06, 2018

Waltz-8

My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler Ice Café.

I had a 30 minute warmup so I scribed some circles, did edges and FO8, FI8 and then a little time on the waltz-8.

Today's lesson was just on the waltz-8.  We started off in a random spot, then moved to my scribed circles.  Today we mostly worked on the BO edge and step forward, especially from the RBO as that seems to be more of a problem.

I'm thinking we need to find more exercises that will help me with the various positions here, as that seems to be the crux of the problem -- specifically the two positions on the BO edge (turned into the circle, and then transition to turned out of the circle for the step forward). Mostly when I transition for the step forward I take too long, and I curve into the circle without turning out my skating foot. Urph.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home