Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Birthday Skate

I skated the Chandler 5:30 p.m. FS as usual, but it was my birthday so it was special!

I warmed up with laps, then a little bit of time on FXOs and BXOs.  Then some time on spins ( a couple of good ones) and on jumps.

I realized one of the issues with my toe loop and the reason I'm picking too far to the inside of the circle is that I'm not checking the 3 very well, so I'm still rotating/turning while I'm trying to pick so it winds up way inside.  I need to try to make it a bit straighter, like the salchow, and then bend my knees more.

The last 10 minutes of the session, I looked around and realized all the coaches were gone and it was just 6 of us.  My first thought was "hey, all the adults are gone!".  Lol :-) sometimes in skating it is easy to forget that I am (technically!) an adult :-).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home