Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, September 20, 2018

FI8 & Posture

My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler Ice Café as usual.

I warmed up with edges, FO8 and FI8.

For today, we started off working on FI8.  This quickly morphed into a conclusion by Danette that we really need to fix my posture (it's true!).  I tend to be too forward which slows me down and, not unimportantly, makes me look like I don't know what I'm doing.

So we spent some quality time trying to get me to stand up straighter, tuck my tush in, and lift my head.  We worked on doing the "plié" before the push; unfortunately what tends to happen is that I lean forward when I push and then I fix it soon after.  It would be a lot better to just have it be correct from the start :-).

Anyway this is clearly a long-term project as I've had this issue for a long time and it will take a long time to fix it.  Danette is optimistic, me less so.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home