Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, October 26, 2018

Workin' It

I skated the 8:15 FS at Chandler for my FS lesson with Holly, as usual.  I warmed up with stroking, then did some jumps and spins, then ran my dramatic program. Mostly okay, although I chickened out on the bunnyhop. Urgh. I wore my costume shirt (but not pants).

For today's lesson we just worked on refining the program. No last minute additions (yay) but just working it through to refine/improve timing and deal with any unexpected issues.  The main problem right now is that my salchow is being problematic.  I think it's because I'm just generally skating faster, which is great, but the adrenaline tends to make me rush the salchow so it's really bad.  Urgh.  I only did one that was acceptable and the others were generally just bad.  Yuck.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home