Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, October 12, 2018

Polishing

My lesson today with Holly on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.  I warmed up with stroking and some jumps, then ran my dramatic program.

Today we worked on polishing the light program.  We ran it several times, and worked on the spin, the bunny hop, and the salchow.  The salchow is being a bit problematic; I assume it's a combination of not skating a lot recently and I'm rushing it.  We also added a pivot at the very end since there was some time and I was literally just standing there, otherwise.

All in all I feel like it's coming along okay, I'm just worried about things coming together before Autumn Antics which is only 3 weeks away.

Also, today, my friend Tanner P. was at the rink videoing me.  He is working on a master's in sports journalism and needed a project, so he is doing a short piece on me for class.  It should be fun, I'll post a link when I have it (probably not for a while).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home