Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, October 15, 2018

Polishing

My lesson with Holly on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert... okay ice and only 4 skaters today!

I warmed up with laps and then waltz jump, salchow, bunny hop and some spins.  Then I ran my dramatic program... good news is that I did all the elements, bad news is that I finished a few seconds late.  I think I was late coming out of the first spin and never really caught up from there.  Oh well.

Today we worked more on the light program.  Holly had my shirt back from being blinged so I wore it.  The good news is that it works well with the prop, which was a concern.    We ran the program a total of 4 or 5 times.  Holly added back in the arms after the 2nd voiceover.  The 2nd to last time I was waaay ahead, but the last time I ran it I was running a bit behind.  Not sure what's up with that. 

All in all I'm feeling pretty good about it except the salchow.  I only did one okay salchow in the runthroughs (I had a nice one in warmup) and I know it's because my adrenaline is up and I'm rushing.  Need to slow it down and take some time.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home