Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, November 08, 2018

Back At It

My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler Ice Cafe.  Nice ice, and only 4 skaters.

I warmed up with edges, scribed circles, did an FO8 and an FI8, and then spent some time working on the back edge posture exercise Danette gave me a while back.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- we looked at my warmup FO8 and Danette checked it with my scribe.  My circles are too large on the first half (coming out of the push) and better on the second half.  We moved down to the scribed circles and worked on them a bunch more.  We worked on improving my posture and getting me to pass my arms earlier and in a more relaxed fashion, as well as bringing the free foot forward and pointing the toe correctly.  I'm tending to point it out of the circle which is not helpful as it tends to make it harder to hold the circle.  Eeep.
  • FI8 -- more work on posture and position here, with much the same emphasis and issues as the FO8.  They did improve.  I'm going to need to work on this to remind myself to do this stuff -- I tend to forget about it and think it will just happen, but that's not (yet) the case.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home