Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, November 02, 2018

Final Prep

I had my final lesson before the competition this morning on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert, as usual.  I warmed up with stroking, then warmed up the bunnyhop and ran my dramatic program.  It went pretty well, other than my toe loop being kinda wonky/scary.

For our lesson we went over some costume details, then ran the program.  Pretty good, really, except the salchow was wonky.  We worked on some issues with the very end of the program, then ran it again.  I got a better salchow (not great, but at least recognizable).  We worked a little more on the salchow, then rehearsed getting into position.  We ran it one more time without music and it was mostly okay. 

I'm competing Sunday at noon for the light program, and 2:25 for the dramatic.  Eep!  I have to be at the rink at 6:30 to setup as I'm also running music (not by myself, obviously).


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home