Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, November 29, 2018

BO8

My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler Ice Cafe.  Nice ice and just 5 skaters.

I warmed up with edges, scribed circles, then worked on FO8 and FI8, trying to improve my posture.

For today's lesson, we just worked on the BO8.  Again, mostly focused on posture and making all the positions good ones.  We actually probably spent 25 minutes on the RBO and just 5 or so on the LBO.  Eeep.

Danette held my R hand on the RBO to help me keep it back on the first part of the circle -- I'm not staying turned into the circle very well.  The lower body stuff is not bad, it's mostly working on checking the upper body and really holding that position firmly.  When she was holding my hand it was really pretty easy; and once I felt that I was somewhat able to do it without her, so yay.  I had some other issue to deal with after that, like keeping the free hip up and staying on a good edge but all in all I feel like we made some good progress.  For some reason the LBO feels a lot smoother and easier than the RBO.  Weird.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home