Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, November 15, 2018

Patch Perseverance

I skated the Chandler Ice Cafe as usual.  Coach Danette had a personal issue and had to cancel our lesson, so I had a whole hour to skate and work on stuff.

I warmed up with edges, did FO8/FI8 (working on posture and passing leg/arms as we had worked on last week).  FO8 and FI8 were pretty good, although my FI8 circles are still too small I think (I had not brought my scribe).

After that I spent some time working on waltz-8.  Eeep.  Not so great.  I went on to spend some time just working on 3s to get them better/not so forced.  They need a lot of work.

From there I worked on 3s to center briefly, then BO8s.  I'm trying to keep the free leg tucked in in a "nice" position as opposed to the usual "landing position" that is not very figures-like.  Eeep.  Weirdly it's much easier on the second circle than on the first.  I assume that means either it takes me a while to get my position set up after the big push, or am just not very controlled after that initial push (or both).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home