Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, December 31, 2018

Perseverance

I skated the 3:45 PM FS at Chandler for freestyle practice today.

I had a slight misdirection to start, as I didn't realize that there was a high-level FS on the west rink and open (the one I signed up for) on the east rink.  When I saw the FS book I realized my mistake and went over to the east rink.  I don't normally skate afternoons so I wasn't really thinking about such things.

So.. once I was on the correct side, nice ice and only 3 of us.  Considering I'd not skated for 2 weeks it was not bad.  I did some Bronze Moves (perimeter XOs, circle-8 & BXOs to BO edges).  Then I worked a bit on spins (no really good ones, but some that were more or less okay), salchow and toe loop. I got one sal that was not bad.  Toe loops were stinky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home