Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Spins & Toe Loop

My lesson with Holly on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert, as usual. Okay ice and 4 skaters.

I warmed up with stroking and then did some crossovers and worked a little on spins, which were not so great.

Today's lesson:

  • spins -- all from the windup.  I actually got one that was really good, and several that were not bad.
  • toe loop -- the majority of our time.  Holly held my hand again on the entrance to get me to slow it down. She says a large part of the problem is that I'm picking, trying to bring the R foot around, and THEN trying to bring the shoulder/body around.  It needs to be all together.  She had me try it doing an LFO3 and step to the R foot as an entrance.  This was slightly better in that I bent my knees much more and slowed things down a bit.  We'll keep working it.
We discussed the upcoming few months -- MidWinter is 2/17 and PCAS a month after that.  We will revisit my free skate starting our next lesson.  I need to look the video over and run it at least once before then!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home