Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, December 06, 2018

Step Forward

My lesson with Danette on the Chandler Ice Cafe.  Nice ice and only 3 skaters.

I warmed up with edges, scribed circles, and then worked on FO8 and FI8, trying to remember to have good posture.

For today's lesson we concentrated on the step forward that is such a problem for me.  We did these down the red line to start with, working to rotate the upper body and then wait (have control) before doing the step forward.  After working this for a while we went on to do them on the small half-circle by the hockey box.  We made some progress, I think.  The point to remember is to keep the lower body quiet while I turn the upper body, then step forward with the new skating foot close and TURN THE HEAD.

We'll have to keep working on this.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home