Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Moves

My lesson with Holly on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.  This was a make-up since I didn't have a lesson last week.  I had not skated in my freestyle skates since I got them sharpened!  Eeep.

I warmed up with stroking and crossovers.  It took me a while to get warmed up.

Today's lesson:

  • perimeter XOs  -- Urph.  My FXOs are really steppy and gross.  BXOs were okay.
  • BXOs to BO edges -- the LBO is great! RBO not so much (weird!).  We worked on getting me to bring that L foot back on the push to the RBO.  This did help a bit.  I'm still up on the toe, though.
  • circle-8 -- ugh.  Not getting around on the FOs.  FIs are fine.  We worked a bit on pushing harder and getting a better edge from the start.  
 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home