Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, January 07, 2019

Working The Basics

My figures lesson with Danette on the 8:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.  Just 3 skaters and 2 coaches. 

We started right at the beginning of the session so I didn't get a warmup.  We ran through edges and they were generally okay.  Then we ran FO8 and spent a lot of time working to fix the body position, first on the RFO and then on the LFO.  Ugh.  The push is generally a lot better but having issues controlling the rotation after the first half of the circle.  We finally made some progress.

After that we spent a few minutes working on FI8 and they were generally much better.  Phew!

After my lesson I had just 5 minutes or so, so I worked on the step forward exercise that Danette gave me a while back.  It felt relatively okay.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home