Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, January 04, 2019

Free Skate Refresh

My lesson with Holly on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.  I warmed up with stroking, then worked on jumps and spins.

Today's lesson was a refresh of my free skate ("Exorcist").  We started with the 2nd half of the program and worked through the mohawk/cross-mohawk/cross footwork into the "twirly arms"/spiral sequence and a go at the waltz jump->toe loop combo (eek).  From there we went back to the beginning and worked the toe loop and spin and then especially the footwork before the spin, which is weak.  After the spin I have some crossovers into the salchow.  Holly thinks we should change the salchow entrance as I have issues getting into it -- I'm just not on a good edge and it's hard to do from basically a flat.  Ugh.

So little time until MidWinter!  I think it will be okay though.  It came back pretty readily today, I just need to get back to the gym (which didn't happen today, I worked until 8 p.m. yuck!).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home