Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Waltz-8

My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler Ice Cafe.  A little more crowded than usual, but nice ice.

I warmed up with edges, scribed circles, and worked on FO8 and FI8.

Today's lesson was focused on the waltz-8.  We ran it once (kinda rough) then worked on the problem areas a bit.  Next we worked on the step-forward exercise down the line.  I could usefully spend a lot of time working on this exercise because it does make me confront my weakness, especially the LBO step forward.  Ugh!

From there we worked some more on the waltz-8, and broke out a bit to work on the exercise Danette gave me a long time ago of skating a back edge against the wall.  This has gotten better but the LB edge is still a bit rough.

All in all some good work.  I'm trying not to despair on this whole thing ( waltz-8) since it's been forever.  At the same time I do feel like we are actually getting at root causes of some of the issues so that gives me hope.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home