Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, January 11, 2019

Program Prep

My lesson with Holly on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.  Alas, this is my last time in this time slot for a while, as school starts for me on Monday and I'll have to move my lesson earlier to make it.

I warmed up with stroking and then did some jumps & spins.

Today we focused on the free skate mostly, and also a little time on the light program.  We worked through some elements in the free skate, then ran the program twice.  Eeep!  I am really out of shape right now, it's bad.  I was a lot more winded than I expected to be.  That's what comes from not having been to the gym for like 4 months  :-(.

After that we ran the light program once.  I dropped the prop part way through (I wasn't wearing the correct shirt w/breast pocket, so it was more awkward than it would otherwise be) and had to pick it up, which put me behind.  It was okay, more or less.

After that we ran the free skate one more time, then worked on the salchow a bit before we had to get off.

All in all, not bad.  I'm concerned about my stamina, and most of my spins were kind of wonky.  Also I'm landing the toe loop two-footed (especially in combination) and most of my salchows were not so great.... so what was good?  Ha! Well, mostly that I pretty much got through everything and remembered where to go, and I at least attempted the elements.

Oh, we also decided to add a lunge in the free skate after the first spin as there was kind of a gap there.  It's fine.

I finally got signed up (yesterday?) for MidWinter -- all three programs.  Eeep!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home