Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, February 08, 2019

Program Review

My lesson with Holly on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  I had not skated since my last lesson (!) as life is a bit crazy right now between school and work.  I warmed up with stroking and then waltz jump and salchow.

We worked first on my light program and ran it twice.  I realized that for MidWinter the judges may be on the right side hockey boxes as you face them (I'm not really sure, actually) so we programmed some alternative movements to deal with that case -- different starting position and ending and one other small change in the middle.  First run through was okay except I chickened out on the bunny hop, and I biffed the salchow.  The second runthrough was better (did the bunnyhop, yay!) but I still biffed the salchow.

After that we ran the free skate once and was mostly okay except, again, the salchow.  We took some time out to work on them and I did a couple good and a couple not so good.  I think I am rushing after the 3....  We ran the free skate one more time at the very end of the session (or maybe a couple of minutes late, even) and it was much better, even the salchow.  Yay!

MidWinter is only a week or so away.  One more lesson left!  Eeep.  We are moving that to Wednesday since there's no ice Friday due to the usual hockey tournament.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home