Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Last Program Practice

My lesson with Holly on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  I worked out last night at the gym and while I applaud my efforts, apparently it was not the best idea, or at least not well-executed, as I was very sore in my left hamstring/glute area.  It made it hard to move well.  Ugh.

I warmed up as best I could with stroking.

For today's lesson we started by running my light program so I could solidify the changes we made to accommodate judges on the right side.  It went reasonably well (I skipped the salchow and bunny hop).

After that we ran my free skate (skipped the first toe loop, and the salchow).  It was also reasonably okay.  After that we worked a bit on the footwork section, and then a little time on the waltz-toe combo, and finished up with some work on spins.  Ugh.

Competition is Sunday!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home