Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, February 22, 2019

Toe Loop & Spin

My lesson with Holly on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  I warmed up with stroking, spins and waltz jump.

Today's lesson:

  •  toe loop --  we started with Holly holding my hand, and they were somewhat better but still landing on 2 feet.  From there we worked hard to have me wait on the RBO edge after the 3, and after some work we were able to get me to do this, which improved the toe loop enormously.   I did a bunch in a row that were pretty good (though I'm pretty sure they are still cheated).  From there we went to work on them in the waltz-toe combo and had similar issues at first until I got myself to make it curve around more on the landing of the waltz jump and pause just a moment before picking in, AND to look to where I'm jumping.  This helped a lot and they were much, much better!
  • spins -- just  4 minutes or so.  First couple not so great, then a pretty good 3 rev one, nicely centered.  The difference was that I managed to really bring the free leg in.  Yay!


All in all a really good lesson, I'm pretty stoked!  PCAS is in 2 weeks!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home