Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, March 04, 2019

FO8, FI8, BO8

My lesson with Danette on the 8:30 FS at Chandler.  Ice was not too bad all things considered.  4 skaters.

I warmed up with edges, scribed circles, then worked on FO8 and FI8.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- still working on posture and flow.  I was having trouble getting around on these, especially the RFO.  They did improve quite a bit. We also worked on getting the subsequent pushes to be closer to the long axis.  I really have to work to wait until the tail of the new skating foot blade is at the long axis.  Eeep.
  • FI8 -- these are a lot nicer.
  • BO8 -- we worked on these for a bit, then worked them on the wall before coming back.  I'm having a very hard time controlling the upper body swing, especially on the RBO.  On the positive side I feel like I'm bending into both the initial push and the subsequent pushes better, so yay me!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home