Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, March 08, 2019

2019 PCAS Showcase Dramatic Program

I skated my "Years" program at the 2019 Pacific Coast Adult Sectionals.  This was my last time for this program (I've had it for 3 years).  I really like this program and I'll miss it.

I was skating with 4 other pre-Bronze skaters (all female).  We came out for the warmup and one thing was quite evident -- the freshly-zammed ice was much, much faster (and seemed harder?!) than during the practice ice earlier in the day.  Eep! I felt like I was flying!

Other than that warmup was fine.  I was skating last of the 5 of us, so I had plenty of time to catch my breath and try to relax.

Finally it was time to go!  I got out to my place and off I went...  in general it went quite well, and I did indeed do the dreaded bunny hop, so yay me!  On the negative side, something went weirdly wrong with my toe loop and it just didn't happen and I almost fell.  I managed to save it and the crowd was applauding and supportive!  That was nice.

In the end I got 4th out of 5, which I was pretty happy about.

Here's the video:

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home