Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Moves & Spins

My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  Nice ice, 5 skaters.

I had 2nd lesson today so I had plenty of time to warm up.  I ran through Bronze moves and also worked on jumps and spins, in particular trying to fix my toe loop.  Ugh.

Today's lesson:
  •  circle-8 -- I had finally gotten all the way around in warmup and so Holly had me do this for her.  The first time the push was not quite adequate, so I did it again and it was fine.  Yay!
  • 5-step mohawk -- a bunch of time on this.  It is slowly improving.  Still trying to get off my toe on the BO edge -- I can do it in other contexts but for some reason it's difficult here. So I worked on pushing more into the BO edge and also to flex my foot to get my weight back on the blade.  It was better but still needs more work.
  • perimeter XOs -- just once through these.  They were actually not bad at all, the best I've done in a long time! Yay!
  • spins -- just a few minutes on these.  I got 2 good ones and a bunch not so great.  Urph.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home