Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, April 11, 2019

Basics

My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler Ice Cafe.  Nice ice, 5 skaters.  I warmed up with edges, scribed circles, and ran through FO8 and FI8.  I had a little extra time so I started working on my step forward.

Today's lesson:
  • step forward -- we worked on these on the line, and then on the hockey circle.  Ugh.  A large part of it is the upper body position, and keeping my back to the circle.  Yikes.
  • waltz-8 -- just a couple of minutes on this, doing the steps on the hockey circle and not on a smaller circle.
  • 3s -- we naturally flowed into these from the waltz-8.  Working to not force the turn and to try to keep the upper body quieter.  I did some nice ones, but a lot of not-so-nice ones also.  eeep.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home