Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, April 02, 2019

Moves

My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate. Nice ice and only 4 skaters!

I warmed up with stroking, some spins, circle-8 and some crossovers.

Today's lesson:
  • circle-8 -- Holly wanted to see how this looks with the blade change.  I'm getting almost all the way around, but not quite.  I feel like the remainder of the problem is definitely me -- need a better push and a little better edge.
  • power-3 -- Quite a bit of time on these.  We worked on fixing the back lobe to have a real BXO which feels weird, but actually made the 3 a little better.  I think I need to be more thoughtful when I practice these to really do good BXOs and 3s.
  • 5-step mohawk -- eep.  The R side is much better, but even that's a bit rough.  We worked on getting me off my toe on the BO edge.  Holly reminded me to push into it, which helps a bit to get me off the toe.  Grr.
  • perimeter XOs -- just once through these.  Actually a bit better.  Holly reminded me to come into the boards more on the 2nd and 4th lobes on the FXOs -- when I do that I don't have issues with running out of rink.  The BXOs are mostly okay.
Holly asked me when I want to try to test these.  I honestly don't know.  If I can get consistent practice time then maybe the end of summer?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home