Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, May 08, 2019

Edges, FO8/FI8

My figures lesson with Danette on the 6:30 a.m. (!) FS at Chandler.  Not the best conditions as there were about 6 skaters doing moves, runthroughs, etc.  We started right at the beginning of the session also, so I wasn't warmed up nor had I scribed circles.

Today's lesson:

  • edges -- a little wonky at first (wasn't warmed up).  I had some good BO and BI edges at last!  Yay.
  • FO8 -- I had some issues getting around at first, not sure why.  Lots of flats and generally wonkiness but it did improve.  You'd think I hadn't skated just last Thursday tho!
  • FI8 -- just a couple of minutes on these.  Not bad.
I'm really missing the nice ice and conditions from adult skate, here!  Ugh.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home