Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, May 02, 2019

B Edges, 3s

My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler Ice Cafe.  As I'm starting a new job Monday (yay!) this is my last time skating this session for... a while, at least.

I warmed up with edges, scribed circles, and skated FO8/FI8.

Today's lesson:
  • back edges -- we spent some time working on these.  They're really pretty good, actually.  I managed to make some real progress on the BI push so that my BI edge is correct from the beginning.  Yay!  Have to work on that a bit to keep it.
  • 3s -- we are still working on the troublesome parts of the waltz-8, so today it was 3s.  We worked on them at the wall, then in the context of 3s to center.  There are a number of problems here, but in particular I'm still not turning into the circle enough, and I'm not "flipping" promptly from the FO to BI edge -- I'm in between for a bit, usually, which results in a nasty skid.  Urph.  There's just not a good flow to these.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home