Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, April 25, 2019

Waltz-8 Elements

My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler Ice Cafe.  Nice ice, but a crowd (for that session) -- 7 skaters!

I warmed up with edges, scribed circles, and then did a really terrific FO8 and FI8!  After that I worked a bit on my step forward.

Today's lesson:
  • step forward -- a large chunk of our lesson was just working on the step forward.  Ugh.  Really I don't know what to say about this other than that we spent a lot of time on it and it's still not improved, really.  At least we are addressing it because this is probably the single thing that is most keeping me from passing my Preliminary test.  Grrr.
  • edges -- we had a couple of minutes at the end of my lesson and so we went through all 4 edges.  They were pretty nice, for the most part.
After my lesson I stayed a bit longer than usual and worked some on the step forward, waltz-8 and then a little on 3s.  I also managed to fall 3 times, lol.  No harm done.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home