Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, May 01, 2019

Circle-8, Power-3s, Spins

My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  I briefly had private ice!  Then later there were 3 of us.  I warmed up with stroking and crossovers, then did circle-8, perimeter XOs, BXOs to BO edges and a little bit of power-3s and 5-step.

Today's lesson:
  • circle-8 -- Holly wanted to check on these.  They are okay.  I am pretty much making it around but really I'd like just a little more flow as I'm just barely making it back to center on the RFO and RFI.
  • power-3s -- most of our time on these, working on the back lobe and step forward especially.  One final conclusion is to try to keep the free foot close on the final BI edge to stay standing straight and not widestep the step forward.  It helps a bit.  Working on not putting my foot down before the step.  Urph.
  • spins -- just a few minutes on these at the end.  I did like 5 and got a couple that were okay.  I really need to hold the spin until the end and not give up.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home