Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, June 05, 2019

3s & Step Forward

My figures lesson with Danette on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.  About 8 skaters, so not the best environment for figures between people practicing dance and programs.  Ugh.

I warmed up with edges and FO8/FI8, and scribed circles.

Today's lesson:

  • 3s -- we spent about 25 minutes on these! First we worked them on the wall, then on the hockey circle with Danette holding my hand, then without.  Urph.  The LFO3 is better, of course.  It's all about the rhythm, and not rushing things.  I really don't know how these got so bad!  Of course they are a bit harder in patch skates.  On the left side I often get a nice "flip" from forward to back, but the RFO3 is usually too slow.  Urgh.
  • step forward -- just a few moments on these.  They are actually improving, I think.  I'm getting a better rhythm and not rushing so much.  Yay!
I realized today that I really need to replace my laces on my patch skates.  They are pretty frayed!  Fortunately I do have another pair of blue ones to replace them.  I should order some more though!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home