Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, May 24, 2019

3s

My figures lesson with Danette on the 6:30 (!) a.m. FS at Chandler.  We started right when I got on the ice.

Today's lesson:

  • edges -- I needed a little warmup so we did edges (did FO twice).  Not too bad.  Still working on posture.
  • 3s -- we spent the rest of our time working on my 3s to try to get them to have the right rise and fall in the knee.  We did some on the boards, then on the hockey circle.  We interspersed some two-foot turns just to feel how that works (they are much smoother).  I really feel like I just don't have the nice rise and fall in the knee when I'm doing these -- everything's forced and awkward.  Urph.
After my lesson I skated just another 15 minutes or so, working on waltz-8.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home