Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, June 04, 2019

Power-3, Salchow

My lesson with Holly on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  Okay ice, just 4 skaters or so.  I warmed up with stroking, circle-8 and perimeter XOs.

Today's lesson:

  • power-3s -- still working to get both a better 3, and a better step forward, esp. on the R side.  We ran the move, then worked just on the step forward.  Holly asked me to have a softer knee on the LBI, and this did seem to help.  I probably ought to just practice the back choctaw in general.
  • salchow -- just a few minutes at the end of our time.  They were ucky, they got better.  Once again, if I am patient and don't rush it is okay.  When I rush it gets gross.
I was looking at my online profile on US Figure Skating and realizing it's been almost 4 years since I first attempted the Bronze Moves test.  Uck, that is way too long!  I know I broke my ankle the following year, but really, I need to buckle down and just get it done.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home