Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Perseverance

I skated the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  Decent ice and just 4 of us (me, Drea, Maria and a younger skater I don't know).

Due to a miscommunication I didn't have a lesson today.  I warmed up with stroking, then ran through Bronze Moves, then spent some time on 5-step mohawk.  I noticed my LFI mohawk is okay when I'm going into spins, but not so great in this move, so I tried to make it feel like the spin setup.  This actually kind of worked!  I think the difference is that in the spin setup I feel like I'm leaning into the FI edge more.  Anyway I did a reasonably okay set of 5-step.  The BO edge is still a little scrapey though.

I spent a little time on 3s also.  Still kinda stinky.  I finished up the last 10 minutes or so working on jumps and spins.  I got one okay spin and a bunch of ucky ones.  A nice salchow and waltz jump.  Didn't do any toe loops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home