Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Edges & Waltz-8

My figures lesson with Danette on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.  Nice ice, but a bit crowded w/dance and people running programs.  Ugh.

We started right when I got on the ice (first session of the day).

Today's lesson:

  • Edges -- we ran through each of these 2x but skipped BI edges.  We also worked the body position for back edges on the wall some.  Easy on the R side but my L side... ugh.  Danette wants me to really bring the free leg close up in front and bring the legs together (touching) and it's really hard on the L side.  Yuck.
  • waltz-8 -- just a few minutes on this.  Not so great.  3s were just so-so and the step forward on the L side was really bad.  Yuck.
After my lesson I had 15 minutes or so, so I worked on the back edge exercise some more.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home