Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, June 21, 2019

Bronze Moves

My lesson with Holly on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  I had private ice!   Unfortunately the ice, though freshly Zam'd, was pretty rough and rutted.  Yuck.

I warmed up with stroking, circle 8 and perimeter XOs.

For today's lesson I had printed out the feedback from my first try at the Bronze Moves test, almost 4 years ago.  So Holly decided we should run the test and look at everything in light of the feedback from then.

Today's lesson:

  • perimeter XOs -- in general these were pretty good.  Holly says they were pretty smooth and flowed well.  I would have liked more speed/power and better clockwise FXOs.
  • power-3s -- yuck.  definitely my worst move.  I feel like I'm just throwing myself around the ice.  Bleah.
  • back XOs to BO edges -- not bad.  Holly thinks they are passable.  I felt like I was too slow and my flow was sometimes lacking.
  • circle-8 -- for once these were really nice!
  • 5-step mohawk -- Holly thought these were much improved.  I have made some progress on not jumping the mohawk so much, but I'm still way up on my toe on the BO edge.
So... not really stuff I did not know but hopefully it gives Holly the info she needs to help me fix this.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home