Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

3s & BO8

My lesson with Danette on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.  I was supposed to have a lesson yesterday but I didn't sleep well at all (upset stomach) so I cancelled and slept late.  Fortunately Danette had some time (15 min) on the 7:30 a.m. this morning so I was able to get some time in.  This session was kinda crowded (12 skaters), most of whom were working on their TOI program.

I warmed up with edges and scribed circles, then worked on FO8 and FI8. 

Today's lesson:

  • 3s -- just 6 minutes or so on these.  We worked on them with me holding the hockey stick.  Ugh.  Not much progress, they're pretty stinky still.
  • BO8 -- We used the hockey stick on these as well... some real progress in getting better control, especially at the beginning of the circle.  We'll need to work on this some more.
No lesson next week, alas.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home