Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Basics

My figures lesson with Danette on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.  It was kinda crowded so I didn't draw any circles... I warmed up with edges, FO8, FI8 and then I worked on some exercises Danette had given me.

Today's lesson:
  • B edge position -- more work on the back edge body position, working to stand straight, look where I'm going and hold that free foot in front and knees/thighs together.  We worked this on the wall and then on the hockey circle.  The R side is not bad at all but the L side is quite a challenge..
  • BO8 -- a layout in a random spot on the ice.  Better than I expected but I really need to keep focused, especially on the pushes, to be sure I'm pushing strongly but still have good posture/position.  Eeep.
We decided for Sherwood I'll do FO8, FI8 and BO8.  

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home