Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, July 09, 2019

Competition Prep

My figures lesson with Danette on the 6:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.  Good ice. A bit crowded, but other than me and Adeline (and Naomi working on  her senior MIF!) everyone else was in theater on ice practice so I worked down on the end where the curtain would be.

I warmed up with edges, scribed some circles, and then ran FO8 and FI8.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- Danette had me run these on the scribed circle once to get a feel for it, then we did a layout.  It was mostly okay.  She told me to tuck my free foot behind me before the push -- I'd never thought of it that way before, and it just clicked!  So my pushes are a lot closer together now than they used to be, so yay.  
  • FI8 -- same; on the scribed circle and then off.  Better, as the FI usually is.
  • BO8 -- we worked these on the scribed circles.  Danette had me hold a hockey stick (she held it also).  Wow.  This really showed me how much difficulty I have holding the position on the LBO with the free foot in front.  I struggle to hold the hip up and keep the thighs together.  Eeep!  This was very instructive.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home