Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Power-3s

My lesson with Holly on the 7:30 FS at Gilbert.  I warmed up with stroking, perimeter XOs, BXOs to BO edges and circle-8.  Ice was a bit crusty (it's really humid) and I couldn't make it around on the R foot. Grr.

Today's lesson was just on power-3s.  I ran them once and the R side was exceptionally bad.  Ran them again and it was better.  We tried changing the starting position to by the boards looking to the center, and then to the crease (more intro steps).  Not much difference but I had a little more speed coming in from the crease so I might stick with that.

After some time on the move we went to work just on RFO3s on the crease.  I actually managed to do some nice ones that had some control!  Not consistent though; but on the good ones I was doing a better job of leaning into the circle and being over my skate, and had some actual knee action going on.  I'll have to keep working on it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home