Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, July 29, 2019

Choreo Elements

My choreo session with Tammy on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.  I warmed up with stroking, crossovers, and a very few jumps and spins.

For today, since we don't have an updated cut of music yet, we worked on a number of choreographic elements that we might want to use, including:

  • swing rolls
  • waltz 3s 
  • slaloms with fancy arms
  • attitude with fancy arms
  • back pivot with fancy arms (sense a trend?)
  • lunges with fancy arms
  • back stroking
There might have been a couple of others, I'm not sure.  Anyway the issue with most of them is not whether I can do them, but whether I can do them in a confident and artistic way.  It's going to take some work.  I have to say the swing rolls and waltz-3s both did improve with some work, so yay!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home