Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Toe Loop & Spins

My lesson with Holly on the 7:30 a.m. FS.  Ice was a bit bumpy. 3 skaters.

I warmed up with stroking, perimeter XOs, 5-step mohawk, BXOs to BO edges, and circle 8.  Urph.

Today's lesson:

  • toe loop -- most of our time on these.  Ugh.  When Holly holds my hand I can do them, when not, not.  I fell like 3 times on these, so at least I'm trying!  We did make some progress, I'm doing a better job of bringing it around, but when I do I either don't really jump or I land on 2 feet.  Grr.  Still, it's kind of encouraging.  These have been stinky for forever.
  • spins -- just a few minutes on these.  One really good one and the rest ... not.  Once again, I need to not rush.  Urph.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home