Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Patch Perseverance

I was able to skate for 45 minutes at Gilbert's adult skate today for patch practice.  Nice ice and just 3 of us (me, Melissa and a random wall-crawler).

I wanted to work on 'good' ice as I was concerned about issues I was having getting around on my FO8 the last couple of weeks at Chandler.

I warmed up with edges then worked on FO8; still problems.  I went on to work on FI8 (okay) and then BO8 (meh, okay but circles were small and uneven).  Then I went back to FO8 and they were better.  I got around most of the time. 

I'm putting this down to me either not having an appropriate circle size and/or having some body position issues.  Sherwood's ice is fast and hard so I am reasonably confident it will be okay -- in any case it's too late to do anything now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home