Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Competition Prep

My figures lesson with Danette on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.  4 skaters.  Ice was beat up but not crusty like last week.

I warmed up with edges and FO8.  Didn't scribe circles as we're in competition mode.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- urph.  I am only getting around 3/4 of the circle.  Not sure what's going on here, but it's pretty alarming.  Danette thinks there might be an issue with my sharpening (I had them sharpened 7/21 and I've been having issues since).
  • BO8 -- issues here as well.  We worked with holding the hockey stick to work on my body position and it's improved although the LBO is still difficult.  But, I'm having issues getting around.
  • FI8 -- just a couple minutes on these.  I actually got almost completely around (close enough) on these but not feeling as confident as normal.  Hmph.
All in all I'm pretty concerned.  If it's truly my blades I'm kinda hosed. If it's an ice issue then no worries. Sherwood's ice is pretty hard and fast so that should help.

I'm going to try to take a long lunch Friday and/or Monday (although, school starts Monday) to skate at Gilbert adult session to see if that helps.  Ice for that session is usually pretty good.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home